Scholarships offered by the École biblique of Jerusalem (EBAF)
The École biblique of Jerusalem offers different kinds of scholarships:
– Two full scholarships each year for candidates selected by the French Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres (AIBL)
– Partial ones equivalent to a half annual scholarship for Bachelor’s and Master’s students.
– Full annual scholarships for doctoral students in Biblical studies.
These scholarships are funded by different organizations:
– The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Fondation Obélisque for the AIBL scholarships
– The French Association des Amis de l’École biblique de Jérusalem (AAEBAF), the American Friends of the École biblique and the Swiss Association of the Holy Land for the other scholarships.
– A special Gamberoni scholarship is granted every three years, is addressed to:
→ either a priest from the diocese of Brixen or Paderborn, desiring to prepare himself for a doctorate in biblical sciences at the École biblique.
→ or a student from a German, Austrian or Swiss university who wishes to study a year at the École biblique as part of a doctoral program.
– The Canadians Friends of the École Biblique offer financial support for Canadian students, researchers and professors who wish to reside at the EBAF. More information, here.
How to apply?
For any application, please send a portfolio to the secretariat of the École biblique (email@example.com) including: a cover letter, a curriculum vitae and two reference statements from qualified persons.
The file must reach EBAF by 1 March 2018.
The selected candidates will be informed at the beginning of April 2018.
Proposal of Doctoral scholarships for the academic year 2018-2019
Doctoral scholarships are offered to candidates by the École biblique of Jerusalem for its Doctoral School.
The scholarship covers:
– All the expenses of the stay at the École biblique from October 1st to the end of May.
– Participation in the EBAF doctoral seminar.
– Access to the library 24×24, 7×7.
– Possibility of following the courses of the School and tutoring on request.
– Access to archaeological visits.
Who may apply?
– Students admitted to the doctoral program of the Ecole Biblique (accepted at the end of the public lesson which closes the preparatory year).
– PhD student (s) in Biblical studies at another university.
Obligations of the PhD students:
– Active participation in the EBAF doctoral seminar.
– Physical presence at the Ecole Biblique during the academic year from October 1st to May 30th
– Travel expenses to and from Jerusalem, visa fees and insurance are the responsibility of the doctoral student.
– Letter in support of one’s application
– Letter of support from the director of the doctorate
– Presentation of the doctoral subject
– The files must reach EBAF by 1 March 2018.
– The selected candidates will be informed at the beginning of April 2018
– Send the files to: firstname.lastname@example.org