Scholarships offered by the École biblique of Jerusalem (EBAF)
The École biblique of Jerusalem offers several kinds of scholarships:
– Two full scholarships each year for candidates selected by the French Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres (AIBL)
– Partial scholarships equivalent to a one half of an annual scholarship for Bachelor’s and Master’s students.
– Full annual scholarships for doctoral students in Biblical studies.
These scholarships are funded by various organizations:
– The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Fondation Obélisque for the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres (AIBL) scholarships
– The French Association des Amis de l’École biblique de Jérusalem (AAEBAF), the American Friends of the École biblique and the Swiss Association of the Holy Land for the other scholarships.
– A special Gamberoni scholarship is awarded every three years ; it is intended for:
→ a priest from the diocese of either Brixen or Paderborn, wishing to prepare himself for a doctorate in Biblical Sciences at the École biblique.
→ or a student of a German, Austrian or Swiss university who wishes to study for a year at the École biblique as part of a doctoral program.
– The Canadians Friends of the École Biblique offer financial support for Canadian students, researchers and professors who wish to reside at the EBAF. For more information, go to http://www.acebweb.ca/lesbourses/.
How to apply?
To apply for any of these scholarships, please send a portfolio to the secretariat of the École biblique (firstname.lastname@example.org) enclosing a covering letter, a CV and two letters of reference from qualified persons.
The file must reach EBAF by 1 March 2018.
The successful candidates will be informed at the beginning of April 2018.
Proposal of Doctoral scholarships for the academic year 2018-2019
Doctoral scholarships are offered to candidates by the École biblique of Jerusalem for its Doctoral School.
The scholarship covers:
– All the expenses of the stay at the École biblique from October 1st to the end of May.
– Participation in the EBAF doctoral seminar.
– Access to the library 24×24, 7×7.
– Possibility of following the courses of the School and tutoring on request.
– Access to archaeological visits.
Who may apply?
– Students admitted to the doctoral program of the Ecole Biblique (accepted at the end of the public lesson which closes the preparatory year).
– PhD student (s) in Biblical studies at another university.
Obligations of the PhD students:
– Active participation in the EBAF doctoral seminar.
– Physical presence at the Ecole Biblique during the academic year from October 1st to May 30th
– Travel expenses to and from Jerusalem, visa fees and insurance are the responsibility of the doctoral student.
– Letter in support of one’s application
– Letter of support from the director of the doctorate
– Presentation of the doctoral subject
– The files must reach EBAF by 1 March 2018.
– The selected candidates will be informed at the beginning of April 2018
– Send the files to: email@example.com