Scholarships offered by the École biblique of Jerusalem (EBAF)
The École biblique of Jerusalem offers several kinds of scholarships:
– Two full scholarships each year for candidates selected by the French Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres (AIBL)
– Partial scholarships equivalent to a one half of an annual scholarship for Bachelor’s and Master’s students.
– Full annual scholarships for doctoral students in Biblical studies.
These scholarships are funded by various organizations:
– The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Fondation Obélisque for the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres (AIBL) scholarships
– The French Association des Amis de l’École biblique de Jérusalem (AAEBAF), the American Friends of the École biblique and the Swiss Association of the Holy Land for the other scholarships.
– A special Gamberoni scholarship is awarded every three years ; it is intended for:
→ a priest from the diocese of either Brixen or Paderborn, wishing to prepare himself for a doctorate in Biblical Sciences at the École biblique.
→ or a student of a German, Austrian or Swiss university who wishes to study for a year at the École biblique as part of a doctoral program.
– The Canadians Friends of the École Biblique offer financial support for Canadian students, researchers and professors who wish to reside at the EBAF. For more information, go to http://www.acebweb.ca/lesbourses/.
How to apply?
To apply for any of these scholarships, please send a portfolio to the secretariat of the École biblique (email@example.com) enclosing a covering letter, a CV and two letters of reference from qualified persons.
The file must reach EBAF by 1 March 2019.
The successful candidates will be informed at the end of March 2019.
Post-Doctoral fellowships offered by the École biblique of Jerusalem (EBAF) for the academic year 2019-2020
Two post-doctoral fellowships for assistants are offered to candidates by the École biblique of Jerusalem for its doctoral program.
The fellowship, valued at $ 20,000, covers:
– All the expenses of residence at the École biblique from October 1st to the end of May
– Participation in the EBAF doctoral seminar
– Access to the library 24×24, 7×7
– Possibility of following the courses of the École and tutoring on request
– Access to archaeological visits
Who may apply?
– Post-doctoral researchers in Biblical studies
Obligations of the assistants receiving this fellowship:
– Assistance to the professor in charge of the EBAF doctoral seminar
– Physical presence at the École biblique during the academic year from October 1st to May 30th
– Travel expenses to and from Jerusalem, visa fees, and insurance are the responsibility of the individual
– Letter of motivation
– Curriculum vitae
– Presentation of the post-doctoral research project (maximum of 1000 words)
– Two letters of recommendation (one from the Ph.D. supervisor)
– A copy of the Ph.D. degree certificate
– The files must reach EBAF by 1 April 2019
– The selected candidates will be informed at the end of April 2019
– Send the files to: firstname.lastname@example.org