- This event has passed.
Exhibition – Visages et Paysages des Chrétiens d’Orient – Dhuy, Belgium
28 August 2022 => 14 h 00 min - 3 September 2022 => 20 h 00 min
« Visages et Paysages des Chrétiens d’Orient », exhibition organised by Fr. Christian Eeckhout, o.p., former member of the convent of Saint Stephen and of the École Biblique.
In the summer of 2022, for the very first time in Belgium, an exhibition of the oldest photographs of the holy lands of the Bible, taken on glass plates by the Lumière brothers and enlarged on black and white banners, photos of the archaeological excavations of Petra, Qumran and Gaza, as well as the current life of Christians in Jerusalem, in colour, are presented.
Who are the Eastern Christians? How do they live their faith? What are their faces and the landscapes where these communities have been living uninterruptedly for 2000 years?
The exhibition and a conference will tell us about what is lived in Jerusalem and in the lands of the Bible (Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Israel) and will give us the opportunity to admire the landscapes where the Christian communities live.
From Sunday August 28 to Saturday September 3, 2022 in the large barn of the Ferme de Laite in Dhuy, in the diocese of Namur, Belgium.
– Sunday 28 August from 2 to 7 pm
– Monday 29 August to Saturday 3 September from 4pm to 8pm
– Sunday 28 August at 3pm: opening of the exhibition, led by Brother Christian Eeckhout, former lecturer at the French Biblical and Archaeological School in Jerusalem, prior of the Dominican convent in Louvain-la-Neuve;
– Sunday 28 August at 4pm: presentation of the biblical catechism games: “In the footsteps of Jesus” (Éd. DNA/LPJ).
– Sunday 28 August at 5pm: public conference “Jerusalem, from its origins to our days: 5000 years of history”.
– Sunday 28 August and Saturday 3 September at 6pm: signing sessions for the comic books on the Dead Sea Scrolls “Les Explorateurs de La Bible. Le manuscrit de Sokoka” (Éd. Glénat).
HOW TO GET TO THE EXHIBITION
La Ferme de Laite, Place de Dhuy, 12, 5310 Dhuy
(Eghezée / E411 exit 12, N912 ; N942)
Free parking on the square next to the Saint-Rémi church.
Contact the curator of the exhibition, Fr. Christian Eeckhout, Dominican: 0486 88 36 49; firstname.lastname@example.org